Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Colors of Nature Copic Coloring Challenge

Hello Everyone!  Cindy here - I'm excited to be posting my first challenge our blog.  And, it is my favorite type to project....coloring.  I'm not sure why I like to color images, perhaps it makes me feel like a child again or I feel like an artist.  Coloring reminds me that our creations are art and we are artists.  What do you think?

It is the beginning of a new year, so I like to think about the wonders around us.  Your challenge today is to color something from nature.  Flowers, trees, landscapes, butterflies....anything you see in nature.  Create a card, scrapbook layout, mixed media project or home decor item.


I love cardinals!  This year my "Christmas Theme" was cardinals.  I like them because you don't need to take them down immediately after Christmas...they can adorn your house through the colder months.  I had a cardinal tablecloth, cardinal kitchen curtains and small cardinals accenting wreaths and mantel decorations.  I made several of these framed cardinal scenes this year.  The image was colored with CTMH alcohol markers (yes I still love my Copics but I wanted to try my new CTMH markers) and the image is from Stampendous Rubber Stamps.  I added just a touch of glitter to the berries for an accent.

So grab your Copics, Markers, Watercolor Pencils, Prismas and feel like an artist in the New Year.  Use the Inlinkz tool below to add your projects and don't forget you can also add your projects in our flickr group HERE if you don't have a blog.  We'd also love for you to become a follower of this blog. This challenge is opened until January 8 and is just for fun.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Cindy - cardinals are my favorite birds too :)
    Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to our winner, #6 Ellie at My Creative Moments. Thanks to everyone for playing along!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete