Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Something Old, Something New...

Good day!

Time for a new challenge! Hope you have enjoyed Christmas, spending time with loved ones!

I was going to name this post 'Turkey Sandwich' but because we are not a cooking blog, I thought that might confuse a few of you.

After the big eat-in there are always leftovers. The same happens when we print out digital images, at least it happens when I print them out. I keep them and when I need them, I cannot always remember where I put them, then I print out some more. Sounds familiar?

Well, that is half the challenge. Find those 'leftovers' and make something new, a card, a tag... The other part is to be inspired by an old card using the same or similar image, or the colours of something you made. Go check your blog, find a post at least a year old, and start from there. Link that post to your new post and tell us how that creation inspired you.  Yes, it can be any creation.

I used this card that is one of the first cards I blogged about as my inspiration.

 
I used the same image by A Day for Daisies and created this very simple card. I used similar colours, but I just created shadows to keep it dreamy. My gelly roll adds some glitter and a rose and bow a feminine touch. The corners are punched, a quick way to add some interesting feature.


It's still the festive season, so find something easy just to keep the creative juices flowing.

This is a just for fun challenge, but we would all love to see how your old card(s) inspired a new creation. Anything goes, so show us what you can create!  Use the inlinkz tool below to link to your blog, or add your project to our flickr group HERE

Have a lovely day!

Hugs

Rene
 

3 comments:

  1. Rene what a great idea for a challenge - working on mine, will post later :)
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute challenge! Let me go check out my blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to our winner Shelby at http://shelbycolorofhappy.blogspot.com/2012/12/cozy-birthday.html
    Thanks everyone for playing along!

    ReplyDelete