Monday, December 10, 2012

Mixed Media Monday!

Hi everyone!
I am so excited to be hosting this inspirational challenge!
Working with Mixed Media is such an amazing experience, I feel totally free.
It is that moment when I can forget about everything and anything and just be one with what I am creating.

What is Mixed Media?
A mixed media project is one which combines different painting and drawing materials and methods, rather than only one medium. Any materials can be used, including collage items such as pages from magazines, newspaper, photographs, fabric, or packaging. Or a mixed media piece can be as 'simple' as using two mediums, such as acrylic paints with pastel on top.Our challenge is simple:
Anything Goes, Mixed Media!
Here is a little inspiration:


This mini canvas was so much fun to make, you can read more details HERE.
I hope you will join our challenge and let your imagination free, there is no wrong or right, just art!!!  You can add your project until December 16 using the Inlinkz tool below which can link to either your blog or our flickr group found HERE using the tag 121012media.  This challenge is just for fun and a winner will be announced December 17.
Hugs,
Julia

6 comments:

  1. I really like your Mini canvas. This is inspiring me to venture out to canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edie
      Your project was chosen as the winner of this challenge - congratulations! Sending you an email right now with a badge for your blog :)
      Hugs, Doris

      Delete
  2. Here are a couple projects I posted last week, just adding them for fun. The cover of my Gratitude Journal and some Christmas tags.

    ReplyDelete